Thursday, October 24, 2013

risks.

wow. i am actually going back to what i love the most. a lot has happened from last year until today as i type my thoughts. looking back i'm not even sure whether these changes made me a better person or what not. changes is inevitable, but what i can attest, is the fact that i have gained experiences. experiences that made me a changed person. experiences that i know when i looked back, i'd give myself a pat in the back and say, "hey! glad i did that! glad i said that!" 

this year was my year of guts. checked off couple of ones in my bucket list. well some may not be a bucket lister but its something i did for the first time that makes it extra special. that exhilarating feeling after is the most rewarding part of it. it comes with the reality in life. years back, i was this sheepish kind of person. not a risk taker. has some issues in rejections (now who wouldn't ah ??!) i had my fair share of defeats and rejections in the past that makes me a namby-pamby. i'm glad i was way past that stage. i can't imagine myself now still stuck to that phase. it was not that horrible but the mental picture of it makes it horrible. 

but as years passes.. you came with that feeling and ask yourself, where this coward side of me would exactly bring me? NONE. and it dawned me that life is too short to dwell on being scared of taking risks. there should be no hindrances in making tough decisions for these are the exact ingredients in making this whole ride all worth it. this time. this is the part when i start to be responsible of what i say and do, i take charge of it because that makes me credible as a person. taking risks comes with confidence and so i'm no longer afraid to take that roller coaster ride. no what ifs, what could have been, what should have done. no more questions. i'l do what i gotta do and say. i will enjoy this ride whatever it takes no matter what they say. 

"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever" 

No comments:

Post a Comment